Visas & COVID
The following information comes directly from the Embassy of Panama's Website, which you can view here:
COVID : https://www.tourismpanama.com/plan-your-vacation/advisories/
All restrictions or requirements around COVID-19 have been lifted. No need to present negative test results, vaccination status, or declaration forms.
NO VISA REQUIRED: IF YOU ARE FROM ANY OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES
The maximum amount of time that you can stay in Panama is three (3) months.
NO VISA REQUIRED: IF YOU HAVE A DIPLOMATIC PASSPORT OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Indonesia, Philippines, Republic of China, or Venezuela.
Visa Exemption: There's a law in effect regarding tourist visas for entering the Republic of Panama; EXECUTIVE DECREE # 521 states that:
Article 1: "Any person of nationality who requires a visa to enter the Republic of Panama, who has a valid Visa or Residence, duly issued by Canada, the United States of America, the Commonwealth of Australia, the Republic of Korea, the State of Japan, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Republic of Singapore and any of the States that make up the European Union, may enter the national territory."
Article 2: The visa granted by the countries mentioned in the previous article must be a multiple entry visa, has been used previously in the territory of the granting State and its validity shall not be less than six (6) months at the time of entering Panamanian territory. If you meet the following requirements, you will qualify for the aforementioned decree:
- Has a valid passport with a minimum of three months validity.
- Has a multiple entry visa with six (6) months of remaining validity from ONE of the following countries: Canada, United States of America, Commonwealth of Australia, Republic of Korea, State of Japan, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland North, Republic of Singapore and any of the States that make up the European Union
- You must have used this visa to enter the country. For example, if you have a visa from the United States, you must have entered the United States with that visa in order to qualify for the exemption.
- Migration Officers are accepting the visa exemption of Executive Decree # 521, if the holder has a valid permanent residence card of the United States.
- You must also show proof of economic solvency for a minimum of US $ 500.00 upon entering. NOTE: Make sure you have a minimum of three months of validity in your passport and a round trip ticket.
- The maximum amount of time that you can stay in Panama is 30 days.
For further information please access the following link which contains a copy of the law decree :
AUTHORIZED VISAS: IF YOU ARE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES AND DO NOT QUALIFY FOR THE VISA WAIVER MENTIONED ABOVE, YOU WILL NEED AN AUTHORIZED VISA
Please be advised for authorized visas, the approval process may take up to 60 business days, depending on the verification and completion of your documents. Do not finalize your travel arrangements until your visa has been granted.
NOTE: IF THE VISA IS GRANTED, YOU MUST COME PERSONALLY TO THE CONSULATE TO GET THE VISA STAMPED ON YOUR PASSPORT.
All the submitted documents must be notarized by a Public Notary in the United States prior to being sent to our offices. You must send the following requirements:
- Complete and sign the visa application (Click here to download)
- Copies of all the pages of your passport, with the passport having at least three months validity before the expected trip.
- Flight reservation with itinerary of trip continuation or electronic ticket.
- Copy of a valid I.D. issued by the United States.
- Three photographs (size: 2x2, with white background)
- FORM OF PAYMENT: (2) Money orders from WESTERN UNION or MONEYGRAM. a) A first Money order for $50.00, made out to: SERVICIO NACIONAL DE MIGRACION. b) A second Money order for $10.00, made out to: CONSULADO DE PANAMA.
Proof of economic solvency during stay, (No less than USD $500.00) This can be verified with one of the following:
- Certified bank check with applicant's name.
- Travelers check with the applicant's name.
- Applicant's bank statement from the last three months.
- Applicant credit card statements from the last three months.
- Work certificate with last paycheck or independent worker accreditation, in case of being an employee of a public or private entity.
- If you are a retired citizen, submit certification of retirement.
- Letter from employer that reflects your monthly wages. (Must be translated to Spanish)
- Tax returns from previous fiscal year.
- If acting as a businessman, submit a bank reference
- Any other reasonable proof of income accepted by the National Service for Migration.
- Bring the last visa that was approved by the immigration authorities. (if applicable)
- Hotel reservation (if applicable)
- Present, if applicable, a letter of invitation, which may come from either a Panamanian resident or a private entity. We will gladly provide an invitation letter about our Annual Meeting Event.
If presenting a letter of invitation (#10), the economic solvency of the inviter can be verified with these documents:
- Bank certification
- Declaration of rent
- Letter from work with the last date of the Social Security Fund in the case of natural born citizens
- For the solicitation of a minor, it should be done by a parent or legal guardian.
NOTE: ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE TRANSLATED INTO SPANISH.
REQUISITOS DE VISA EN ESPAÑOL (The document must be submitted in spanish)
STAMPED VISA: IF YOU ARE FROM ONE OF THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES AND DO NOT QUALIFY FOR THE VISA WAIVER MENTIONED ABOVE OR DO NOT REQUIRE AN AUTHORIZED VISA, YOU WILL NEED A STAMPED VISA. IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR A STAMPED VISA, YOU WILL NEED TO SEND US ALL THE SAME PAPERWORK AS IS LISTED ABOVE FOR THE AUTHORIZED VISA.
Please be advised: for stamped visas, the approval process may take up to 30 business days, depending on the verification and completion of your documents. Do not finalize your travel arrangements until your visa has been granted.
NOTE: IF THE VISA IS GRANTED, YOU MUST COME PERSONALLY TO THE CONSULATE TO GET THE VISA STAMPED ON YOUR PASSPORT
Cameroon, Central African Republic, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ghana, India, Malawi, Philippines, Republic of China, Republic of the Congo, Swaziland, Togo, Venezuela, Zimbabwe